Actual Article from the LA Times
Salt Lake City, Utah - "In retrospect, lighting the match was my big mistake. But I was only trying to retrieve the gerbil," Eric Tomaszewski told bemused doctors in the Severe Burns Unit of Salt Lake City Hospital.
Tomaszewski and his homosexual partner Andrew "Kiki" Farnum, had been admitted for emergency treatment after a gerbilling session had gone seriously wrong.
"I pushed a cardboard tube up his rectum and slipped Raggot, our gerbil,in." he explained. "As usual, Kiki shouted out "Armageddon", my cue that he'd had enough. I tried to retrieve Raggot but he wouldn't come out again, so I peered into the tube and struck a match, thinking the light might attract
At a hushed press conference, a hospital spokesman described what happened next. "The match ignited a pocket of intestinal gas and a flame shot out of the tubing, igniting Mr.Tomaszewski's hair and severely burning his face.
It also set fire to the gerbil's fur and whiskers which in turn ignited a larger pocket of gas further up the intestine, propelling the rodent out like a cannonball." Tomaszewski suffered second degree burns and a broken nose from the impact of the gerbil, while Farnum suffered first and second degree burns to his anus and lower intestinal tract.
A Reader's Note:
Top Ten Scariest Things About This Story
10. "I pushed a cardboard tube up his rectum..."
9. "So I peered into the tube..." (I'm sorry, but that's like looking through a telescope into hell. I'd rather use binoculars to stare at the sun)
8. That poor gerbil (who obviously suffers from low self esteem)
being shot out of the guy's ass like Rocky the Flying Squirrel on Rocky & Bullwinkle.
7. Suffering a broken nose from a gerbil being launched out of
someone's anus. I'm just guessing, but I seriously doubt the said gerbil was springtime fresh after his journey into Kiki's "tunnel of love."
6. People walking around with these volcanic-like pockets of gas in their rectums.
5. People who do this kind of thing and then admit what they were doing when taken to the emergency room. Sorry, but I think I would have made up a story about a gang of roving, pyromaniacal, anal sex fiends breaking into my house
and sodomizing me with charcoal lighter fluid before admitting the truth.
Call me old fashioned, but I just can't imagine looking at a doctor and saying "Well Doc, it's like this. You see, we have this gerbil named Raggot and we took this cardboard tube..."
4. "First and Second degree burns to the anus." Wouldn't this make the burning itch and discomfort of hemmoroids a welcome relief? How does one ever take a healthy dump after something like this? And the smell of a burning anus must be in the top five most horrible scents on the face of God's green earth.
3. People named "Kiki" which is obviously a Polynesian word for: "Idiotic white men who insert rodents up their butts."
2. What kind of hospital would hold a press conference on this?
1. This happened in Salt Lake City. What kind of people are those Mormons? I am getting a whole new image of the Osmond family.